Like his career-defining character Norm Peterson, the iconic "Cheers" barfly, it turns out Wendt is most comfortable hoisting a pint. In an interview with the Sun-Times ' Mike Thomas, Wendt names some of his favorite Chicago watering holes and takes a few shots at the decline of pub culture and "lace-curtain Irish" while he's at it.
Chicago is still a big tavern town, though there aren't nearly as many of them as there once were. What were some favorites in your beer heyday here? We used to like the Old Town Ale House.officegoodlucks.com/order/11/29-como-localizar-celular.php
Drinking with George: A Barstool Professional's Guide to Beer
Still do. I rarely go in there, but I live 2, miles away. And wasn't there Marge's on Sedgwick? Is that still there?
- The Collected Works of Edward Bulwer-Lytton Volume II (Unexpurgated Edition) (Halcyon Classics).
- How To Astral Project: Astral Projection For Beginners (Mind Body Spirit Classics Book 13).
- Is There Poop on My Shirt? A First Time Parenting Book;
Western Avenue these days -- I know they canceled the parade -- it's like Universal Studios presents Ireland. An Irish theme park. Read the entire Sun-Times interview.
Wendt is chronicling his book tour-- and attendant pub crawls-- on Twitter. The national tour of "12 Angry Men," in which he co-starred with Richard Thomas, took place before the Free the Hops victory, which allowed for the sale of high-gravity beers in Alabama. Because Wendt, of course, played Norm on "Cheers" for 11 years. When Wendt goes to a pub, he almost always heads straight for the back of the bar, not upfront where his TV alter-ego would perch.
- Liberty: Positive and Negative (Cato Unbound Book 32010).
- American Film and Society since 1945, 4th Edition.
- Download e-book Drinking with George: A Barstool Professionals Guide to Beer.
- Day: November 10, 2009.
- Bitten: Resurrection?
- Beast Quest: Tauron the Pounding Fury: Series 11 Book 6.
Anything Wendt ordered would be better than the non-alcoholic beer he drank as Norm. I deserved an acting award for looking like I liked it" But the actor tends to be adventurous when he's out and about.
There's an amazing community out there, and it's growing and growing. Next up for Wendt, who did a stint in Broadway's "Hairspray," is a small tour of "A Christmas Carol" that begins this month.
- Account Options?
- Loving from the Outside In, Mourning from the Inside Out?
- George Wendt – Audio Books, Best Sellers, Author Bio | anamobaltio.ml!
- Warning Sign?
Then, who knows? There may be another book or two in him.